Things to Know
- The virus has been named "SARS-CoV-2" and the disease it causes has been named "coronavirus disease 2019" (abbreviated "COVID-19").
- The University System of Georgia has been closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak in Asia and Europe and has offered direction to our institutions in line with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), State Department, and Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) guidance.
- The University System of Georgia and its institutions will NOT approve any travel to any affected countries based on the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention related to the new strain of the coronavirus.
- Columbus State University has created a travel registry for any faculty, staff, or student traveling out-of-state or internationally, either for personal or university-related business, at https://columbusstate.formstack.com/forms/travel_registry. This is voluntary and not mandatory; however, it does allow Columbus State to better assist you, as needed.
- If you have any questions or concerns, you can submit them to https://columbusstate.formstack.com/forms/returning_to_campus_ideas_and_questions or contact:
- COVID-19 United States Cases by County - Johns Hopkins University
- CDC Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings
- University System of Georgia Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Information
- Georgia Department of Public Health Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Notices
- Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission (PDF)
- Latest Guidance from the CDC for Recent Travelers (PDF)
- EAB - Support Your Campus Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Georgia Higher Ed Bulletin from the Georgia Budget & Policy Institute
- Preparing and Responding to COVID-19