The procedure for processing this kind of appeal is as follows:
- With the advisor's help, the student should fill out the Exception Petition Form and include any documentation that may help the Academic Standards Committee reach a decision.
- Because appeals are scanned, the student should not staple the form, explanation, and documents together but should use a gem clip or binder clip to secure them.
- The student should not write on the backs of any pages or submit documentation with information on both sides of the page.
- The advisor should then send the completed form and supplemental information to the department chair, who will in turn send the appeal to the dean, who will in turn send it to the Registrar, who will in turn give it to the Chair of the Academic Standards Committee.
- The petition will then be considered by the Academic Standards Committee