These admissions steps take you from initial interest to your first day in class:
- Review admission requirements for:
- Submit an application and non-refundable application fee. The application fee is $40 for undergraduate students and $50 for graduate students.
- Send Certificate of Immunization (PDF).
- Send official high school transcripts (PDF) and/or official GED transcripts.
- Send official transcripts (PDF) from colleges or universities previously attended.
- Send test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT or COMPASS), depending on your admission classification. (See No. 1.)
- Send Verification of Lawful Presence documentation.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Wait for your acceptance letter.
- Decide if you want to live on campus (required for all traditional freshmen) and apply for student housing.
- Find your orientation type and date, sign up and attend your session.
- Start your first semester at Columbus State University!
After turning in your application, you will receive verification of its receipt along with sign-in information for your new Columbus State e-mail account that you reach through CougarNet. During the application process, you can use this information to log in to CougarNet and check your application status and communicate with the Admissions Office. You may also call (706) 507-8800 or stop by the Admissions Office in University Hall at any point during the process for help or more information. The address to send in any forms or letters needed for admission is:
Columbus State University
4225 University Avenue
Columbus, GA 31907-5645
These links offer more information on the admission process and everything Columbus State University has to offer.